We are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of level of experience, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, personal appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, age, religion, nationality, or other similar characteristic.
- Please avoid using overtly sexual aliases or other nicknames that might detract from a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all.
- Please be kind and courteous. There’s no need to be mean or rude.
- Respect that people have differences of opinion and that every design or implementation choice carries a trade-off and numerous costs. There is seldom one definitively “right” answer.
- Please keep unstructured critique to a minimum. If you have solid ideas you want to experiment with, fork the relevant Github repo and try it out.
- We will exclude you from interaction if you insult, demean or harass anyone. That is not welcome behavior. We interpret the term “harassment” as including, but not limited to, the following examples:
- Violence, threats of violence or violent language directed against another person.
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist or otherwise discriminatory jokes, language, or imagery, whether intentional or unintentional
- Posting or displaying sexually explicit or violent material.
- Posting or threatening to post other people’s personally identifying information (“doxing”).
- Personal insults, particularly those related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, or disability.
- Inappropriate photography or recording.
- Inappropriate physical contact. You should have someone’s consent before touching them.
- Unwelcome sexual attention. This includes, sexualized comments or jokes; inappropriate touching, groping, and unwelcomed sexual advances.
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking or following (online or in person).
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior.
- Sustained disruption of community events, including talks and presentations.
- If you have any lack of clarity about what might be included in that concept, please read their definition, and if you’re still unclear please reach out to our Conduct team.
- Private harassment is also unacceptable. No matter who you are, if you feel you have been or are being harassed or made uncomfortable by a community member, please let our Conduct team know immediately. Whether you’re a regular contributor or a newcomer, we care about making this community a safe place for you, and we’ve got your back.
- Likewise any spamming, trolling, flaming, baiting or other attention-stealing behavior is not welcome.
This Code of Conduct applies within all ECC community spaces identified in Addendum A, and also applies when an individual is officially representing ECC in public spaces. Examples of representing ECC include using an official e-mail address, posting via an official social media account, or acting as an appointed representative at an online or offline event.
Addendum A – ECC Community Spaces
ECC Sponsored Meetings
These monthly calls are for a broad community audience with an overview of events happening in Zcash or the larger world of privacy. They also include presentations.
The Zcash Gardening Club brings together open source developers across the Zcash ecosystem. Each meeting consists of presentations from many different projects and Q&A for those specific projects.
The Zcash Arborist Calls are monthly protocol development meetings focused on tracking upcoming protocol deployment logistics, consensus node implementation issues, and protocol research.