About Electric Coin Company
We’re on a mission to empower everyone with economic freedom and opportunity, and we need your help.
We believe that everyone has a right to privacy, that the pursuit of economic freedom is virtuous, and that the future of money is an attack- and censorship-resistant digital currency. Electric Coin Company launched and supports the development of the Zcash cryptocurrency — a privacy-protecting, digital currency built on strong science. Since its launch in 2016, Zcash has quickly grown to be one of the most valued and admired cryptocurrencies in the world.
We know that the people that work at Electric Coin Company are the most important part of our success, and we work hard to take care of our team. In addition to a generous health benefits package, that includes medical, dental, and vision, we also offer many non-typical benefits as well. We enjoy Fun Fridays, where we empower our employees to spend time on research and personal development; we offer opportunities to attend conferences that are company-sponsored. Additionally we have yearly meet ups for our international team to get together. We’re a unique mix of a start-up mentality but with the infrastructure of a larger company; it’s really the best of both worlds!
We believe in integrity, humility, openness and collaboration. Our work springs out of a passion for inclusive financial systems and we have a deep respect for our co-workers and families. We strive to create an environment for psychological safety, empowerment, sense of purpose, and challenging work for our multifarious team. We strive to foster a highly collaborative, ego-less, open, highly diverse, friendly work environment. Decentralization is one of our core values, and this shows in our commitment to empowering all of our team members to make an impact at Electric Coin Company.
Today the company is distributed and most employees work remotely; we also have a physical office in Denver, CO. If you want to work remotely, great! We provide extensive support to our distributed employees. If you’d prefer to work in our Denver office, we’ll happily relocate you.
Currently the company is mostly comprised of scientists, researchers and software developers who all specialize in software security, privacy and cryptography. We are now expanding our knowledge in other pertinent areas by adding new team members with more diverse experience.
Who We Are Looking For
Our team is the cornerstone of our company’s strategy to build a permissionless inclusive global financial platform. The right applicant will cultivate our team and continue our tradition of releasing secure cutting edge cryptographic software.
We believe in emergent team intelligence. We think that a high functioning team is greater than the sum of its parts. We seek people who are “multipliers.” People who create a positive and supportive environment for the people around them. People who demonstrate a high degree of conscientiousness with their team members and in their work. We highly value humility, openness, good judgment, integrity, collaboration, curiosity and independent thinking.
HR Assistant / Growth Team (Marketing) Coordinator
At Electric Coin Company, we’re on a mission to empower everyone with economic freedom and opportunity. We invented and support Zcash, a privacy-preserving digital currency built on strong science. And in support of our mission, we are hiring a skilled, enthusiastic, multi-talented HR Assistant / Growth Coordinator.
The HR Assistant / Growth Coordinator gets to act as the steward of two of our most important needs, retaining great people and culture as well as helping us tell our story to billions of people. As a small company, this person will be mission critical in many different facets and have the opportunity to make a big impact early on. As this role will interact with all members of the company it’s important they have a positive can-do attitude and should generally enjoy connecting with others.
The role requires someone who has very high EQ, is comfortable with extreme transparency while protecting privacy, and has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. The person in this role should enjoy project management and have a collaborative approach to their work while also being comfortable with taking ownership of highly visible projects.
You will split your time between our PeopleOps (HR) team and our Growth Team and will report directly to the vice president of growth as well as the CFO. While you are technically on two teams, there is a great deal of overlap between the responsibilities and each team has realistic expectations of time commitments for each role.
- Manage full-cycle recruiting, onboarding, and offboarding of all employees
- Manage internal communications, including bi-weekly, all-hands meetings and other one-off internal meetings
- Project manage weekly PeopleOps meeting and follow up on corresponding action items
- Function as back-up IT for internal systems such as Slack, Gmail, & Zoom
- Organize and plan coworking weeks, both in person & remote
- Manage quarterly performance review cycle
- Conduct bi-annual employee engagement survey & present feedback to leadership as well as share the results company-wide
- Spearhead the organization of our internal company culture group
- Manage & track employee time off
- Lead and coordinate bi-annual benefit renewal
- Organize travel coordination for all employees traveling for business
Growth Team (Marketing) Coordinator Responsibilities
- Project manage growth team, including following up on specific action items as well as keeping track of overall quarterly goals
- Lead weekly Growth Meetings
- Coordinate corporate communications, including quarterly and annual reports, as well as livestreams and webinars
- Act as event coordinator for all events that ECC employees speak at and attend, as well as coordinate all event sponsorships
- Oversee internal project management tools including Wrike and Confluence
- Work on one-off projects as needed
- Travel coordination
There are a few concrete requirements. We’re not inflexible, but we are looking for someone who has strong attention to detail and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The right individual should have experience or interest in speaking in front of leadership groups as well as leading company wide calls. It’s important this person has experience scheduling, calendar management, as well as organizing detailed logistics for in person events.
Additionally, this position will handle sensitive and confidential information, and must be able to practice discretion and professionalism when dealing with these matters.
Some explicit non-requirements:
- Any particular credentials, educational or title-related
- Knowledge of cryptocurrencies in particular (we will happily teach you)
Things you should know:
We have a strong ethos of professional conduct. We’re looking for people who can work in the professional environment we want our company to be. This means you have the empathy and emotional intelligence to be a supportive colleague and collaborate well with people of widely different backgrounds, personalities and skill sets.
In this rapidly evolving organization, you should expect this role to develop & expand. We strive to support our team members in their professional development, and as such, you will have the opportunity to grow your position, skills and knowledge while being a part of a close-knit, dynamic group of individuals that strive for excellence.
Why take this job?:
- Electric Coin Company is on a mission to empower everyone with economic freedom and opportunity. You will be a key part of realizing that mission.
- You’ll have room to set strategy and make things happen without layers of leadership.
- We believe in self-care. Your life comes first.
- Flexible work arrangements. Live where you want — but there is an office in Denver if you prefer to be around your colleagues.
At the end of the day, we’re looking for someone who’s as excited as we are about building the future of cryptocurrency. Sound like you? Get in touch at [email protected]. Please reach out with any questions.
Check back for future opportunities to join the Electric Coin Company team.