Today we’re announcing the release of Zcash 1.0.7. This release focuses on updating Zcash to be compatible with upstream changes, fixing bugs, and adding alerts, tests, and checkpoints.
Upcoming Testnet Upgrade
The Zcash testnet will soon be upgraded in order to resolve an issue with the Testnet Founders’ Reward addresses. This will not affect the main Zcash network. Testnet users should be sure to update their version to 1.0.7, or a chain fork may occur as a result of these changes.
Summary of the changes in this release:
- Pull in upstream changes related to testing, the RPC interface, as well as others. (#2099, #2100, #2101)
- Keep a record of alerts sent to mainnet. (#2093)
- Pause mining during joinsplit creation. (#1932)
- Fix bug in testnet and update Founders’ Reward addresses. (#2114)
- Large shielded transactions using the default fee are no longer treated as “free” transactions. (#2141)
- Improve auto-generated manpages. (#2124)
- Add checkpoint on testnet and mainnet. (#2128, #2126)
Testnet users must upgrade to version 1.0.7 by block 53127, as that is when the testnet network changes will take place. Users who do not upgrade may be left on their own chain, contributing to a chain fork.