Today we’re announcing the release of Zcash 1.0.1, which fixes a few bugs and improves diagnostics:
- Fixed a bug where transactions that contain shielded payments were not being mined in some circumstances. (#1718)
- Invalid arguments passed when building JoinSplits now produce more descriptive errors. (#1752)
- Added new RPC call, z_validateaddress (#1748)
- The friendly metrics screen has improved accuracy and additional information. (#1735)
- A consensus rule improperly applied to the genesis block was adjusted. (#1754)
- fetch-params.sh has been improved and is included in the gitian build. (#1758, #1759)
- A checkpoint was added for block 2500. (#1750)
We’re encouraging all users and miners to update to this new version. See our download page and the 1.0 User Guide for more information.
For a more complete list of changes, see our 1.0.1 github milestone. To follow our progress, watch the GitHub project and join the forum.