Today we’re announcing the release of Zcash 1.0.5, which includes a variety of bugfixes and usability improvements.
Summary of the changes in this release:
- The chain is now fully rescanned when keys are imported that are older than the wallet. (#1978)
- The number of commitments in the note commitment tree is now displayed by getblockchaininfo. (#1946)
- zcash.conf now must exist in order to start zcashd. (#2013)
- Fixed a bug where z_sendmany logged incorrect txid fragments when sending from transparent addresses. (#1980)
- We integrated upstream’s cookie-based RPC authentication. (#1999)
- We added a restriction to wallet export paths to protect user security. (#2006)
- z_getoperationstatus is now sorted chronologically. (#2015)
- Messages containing newlines are now rendered properly by the metrics UI. (#1972)
- We added more tools for benchmarking JoinSplit creation. (#1953)
- We now show serialized transaction size in listtransactions, more operation details in z_getoperationstatus, and the age of the note being spent in z_sendmany logging. (#2001, #1976, #1977)
- We now instruct users to run fetch-params if the parameters could not be found locally. (#1979)
- We handle exceptions better in some situations for more user-friendly error messages. (#1976)
We’re encouraging all users and miners to update to this new version. See our download page and the 1.0 User Guide for more information.
For a more complete list of changes, see our 1.0.5 GitHub milestone. To follow our progress, watch the GitHub project and join the forum.